The day-to-day activitiesBrief summary of job profile: This position will be responsible for driving new product development initiatives from ideation to launch and beyond, to create a brand-relevant product pipeline of innovation. This will require collaborating with marketing team members, store operations and supply chain to understand marketing trends and roll-out best-selling new products. Furthermore, this individual must collaborate with cross-functional teams required to ensure the successful launch of new products. Key Accountabilities: 1. Product Innovation Planning
- Support Senior Product Innovation Director to develop long-term product innovation goals and objectives.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, consumer behaviours, and competitive landscape to revise/ update product development strategy.
- Explore market trends to guide the innovation for new products, both permanent and limited time offers, as well as regional market menu items.
- Partner with the consumer insights team to identify new product opportunities and consumer trends/preferences/needs and use this information as basis to deliver the most relevant products in a timely manner and within the target COGS
- Lead the development and execution of new product concepts, from ideation to commercialization, including product design, development, testing, and launching.
- Develop and manage project timelines, budgets, and cross-functional teams (Marketing, Operations, and Supply Chain) to ensure seamless product development and launch processes.
- Analyse and track product performance, customer feedback, and market trends to identify opportunities for product enhancement and innovation.
- Propose and execute product and ingredient improvements to improve quality, customer satisfaction and maintain the relevance of the brand
- Manage relationships with external suppliers, vendors, and partners to ensure high-quality products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Coach and mentor a team of product innovation executives.
Key Performance Indicators:
- New products released vs plan
- Strike rates for new products
- Costs & Margins
- GVFM score for flagship & LTO launch
- New/ improved product satisfaction rate
- Unit per transaction (UPT)
Education/ Training Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Food Science, Engineering, Biology or related Food science or engineering field Master’s degree is preferred
- 07+ years of experience in the food & beverage industry, with an emphasis on coffee, tea and bakery
- Demonstrated ability to develop a product innovation strategy and drive the product development pipeline, with proven ability to move products from ideation to commercialization ·
- Outstanding menu development skills, with relevant experience with developing coffee, tea, beverages, and food products
- Demonstrated ability to manage at least 2 direct reports and guide them to deliver new products on a timely manner
- 03+ years of experience in project management and demonstrate good working relationships with cross functional departments such as Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Legal and Finance.
- Market trend scanning, insights generation
- Coffee, Tea, Bakery research & development from product ideation, consumer testing, commercialization, and rollout
- Purchasing, vendor and cost management
- Store operations · Packaging design · Creative and concept development · Consumer Marketing
Skills (Ability to):
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, decision making skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills · Ability to build trust and influence broad range of stakeholders – internal, external
- Results focused – ability to deliver in high pressure environment · Strong vendor management skills
- Agile and able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong Vietnamese & English language skills
- As per business needs. Typically 8am-5pm Mon-Friday.
Other special requirements (if any):
- Ability to work under pressure at times, with an enthusiastic attitude!